Expeditions are the main activities of the Foundation
Project SPELEOSTAN - 2019
We invite everyone to take part in speleological expeditions of 2019, which we plan to spend in the countries of Central Asia - Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. Previous studies in 2018 have allowed us to learn about new karst areas, as well as understand the natural conditions of previously known karst areas. We excluded unpromising mountainous regions of Kyrgyzstan from the list of studies. In 2019, our foundation plans to conduct several expeditions to unexplored karst areas.
In 2019, several speleological expeditions to various karst regions of Central Asia are planned. With the details of speleo projects, you can get acquainted in the section of the site - Projects.
The main goal and mission of the expedition is to search and research new caves. In all expeditions complex problems are solved. We conduct research on speleo archeology, geology, karstology, biology. We also plan to conduct topographic, geodetic, paleoclimatic and other studies.
Goals of the expeditions:
- The search and study of new caves in unexplored karst regions of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
- Studies of remote entrances located high on the vertical walls of the canyons
The Foundation for Preservation and Exploration of Caves invites everyone to take part in our expeditions.
Our organization is not a commercial organization. Our profit is knowledge about caves and karst. Therefore, we do not conduct expeditions in order to make a profit. We are not a travel organization.
The aim of the expeditions is speleological research, and speleology is our hobby. Therefore, the cost of participation in expeditions covers only all the real costs of organizing, logistics, food and equipment for expeditions. We use the services of companies that can provide us with various equipment and technology. For example, rent a car or the necessary equipment.
We receive official permission from state organizations to conduct official, legal research
Expedition dates can be changed. If the group is one - from one club, association, federation, then the group has the right to change the dates of the expedition. If the group is mixed, then we rely on our capabilities and the capabilities of the majority of potential participants. At the moment we have indicated the most favorable season of the year according to the climatic conditions in a particular geographical area.
Expeditions dates - Speleostan - 2019
1. AUSTRIAN-KYRGYZ SCIENTIFIC EXPEDITION. - April 15 - April 26
2. Expedition to karst of TAKTA-BOZ (Turkestan foothills) - June 2 - June 14. August 3 - August 16. Also available dates in September
3. UNKNOWN KARST NARYN-TOO. - June 10 - Juny 23 and August 30 - September 13 - June 10 - Juny 23 and August 30 - September 13
4. SINKHOLES OF KUMYSH PLATEAU. - June 25 to July 5. Also available dates in September
Combined areas that can be explored both as part of a single expedition or separately. Depending on the number of participants.
5. UNKNOWN KARST BUZBY-TOO. - June 25 - July 5. Also available dates in September (Western Tien Shan)
6. Karst of Seresu (Fergana Range). - June 25 to July 5. Also available dates in September
7. HIGH KARST of PAMIR (Tajikistan). - July 6 - July 17 and August 28 - September 11
8. BARALDAY-2019 (Kazakhstan). August 3 - August 16. Also available dates in September
9. EXPEDITION to BAYSUN-TAU. UZBEKISTAN. THE DEEPEST CAVES OF ASIA. Dates are preliminary
10. EXTREME GLACIAL PROJECT. November 5 - November 19
11. INTERNATIONAL SPELEOLOGICAL EXPEDITION "UNKNOWN CHATKAL". Western Tien-Shan June 2 - June 14. or from 2.09 to 15.09.2019.