Bats of transboundary territories of Central Asia.
The concept of the project.
“Bats of transboundary territories of Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) as indicators of biodiversity conservation and the beneficial components of biocenosis in the context of global climate change”. Many species of bats are currently on the verge of extinction. The problem has become especially acute in the last decades, which is connected with the unorganized or barbaric visit of such habitats for bats as caves, where a guided Smoking bats from their historical habitats takes place.
There is anthropogenic impact on the microclimate of caves. As a result, bats are killed or do not return to the habitat. In addition, after eating “poisoned” with pesticides of insects in agricultural fields and persecuted by a person – because of elementary illiteracy and prejudices of defining bats as pests or chimeras, the number of individuals is rapidly declining.
There is an International agreement (EUROBAT) on the conservation of bats signed by 32 countries of Europe. In 30 countries around the world held a celebration of bats. These days in many European countries, there are lectures, exhibitions, seminars on the protection of these animals, and on a festive night excursions are organized, during which you can see these secret animals. Silent excursions are conducted in the caves.
The main problems that the Foundation for the Preservation and Exploration of Caves and its partners wants to understand and solve with in the proposed project concept, the following:
1. Negative change in the species composition and abundance of bats – living in a caves, under the influence of anthropogenic impact and global climate change: monitoring in the last 40 years – forecast and prospects;
2. New finds of bats associated with the expansion of their range in conditions of global climate change – what to expect in the future?
3. Bats are useful as components of biological method of control of insects-pests of agriculture and forestry – how to attract and use them effectively of the agrocenoses and biocenoses? But the main thing how to save them?
4. Caves as unique main habitat of bats, subject to un organized visits of tourists and anthropogenic climate change. What you need to do to keep their traditional habitats of various bat species living in a caves?
5. Ecological and educational aspect in the study and conservation of bats as a useful component of the habitat. On the topic – “Code for the protection of bads to the inhabitants of Central Asia, holding seminars, roundtables, television and radio programs, publishing visual on the Red Book species of bats and the use of bats for conservation of crops, and as a consequence improving the quality of international waters.
In this regard, bats have a considerable influence on the number of insect pests occurring in the areas of agricultural development. Influence of bats on the number of insects is significantly greater than the impact of insectivorous birds, as the insects pests fly mostly at twilight and night, when insectivorous birds sleep.
Thus, measures aimed at the protection of bats can be of great importance, both for maintain the normal functioning of natural ecosystems and for protection of crops from insect pests, and consequently on the safety of international waters polluted with bats alternative and pesticides in agricultural fields. At the same time, increasing the yield and their ecological purity to reducing poverty and improving the health of the population.